As the 25th of May 2018 comes closer and closer more and more companies jump on the bandwagon called GDPR and they have a good reason to do so. As all of their customers need to comply to the new rules within the GDPR. Furthermore IDC estimates that this regulation represents a $3.5 billion security products and services opportunity. So they all want a piece of the pie.
There is only one problem. If everyone is going for the GDPR pie. How do you stand out from the crowd?
Luckily the GDPR pie is big enough. As it includes policy management, incident management, compliance monitoring and data management. Let’s face it, who wants to face those challenges on their own? So our advice is to specialize and to team up.
If you want to stand out from the crowd you need to specialize. There are several reasons why you need to specialize:
- A GDPR project is too complex to handle on your own. Unless your one of the big four SI’s.
- If you don’t specialize, price is the only differentiator. What will kill your margin.
- If you do specialize the next step is developing your own IP. Having your own IP will grow your margin.
- The more you specialize the less competitors you will have.
When you specialize you make sure you stay close to your existing business. As it take otherwise way too much time and effort to pivot your business model to a complete new offering.
Preferably your new solutions should fit within one of the four major steps of the GDPR process:
- Discover: Perform security and risk assessments, locate relevant personal data, and develop a plan to achieve and maintain compliance.
- Manage: Develop, implement, and manage compliance plans by designing, configuring, and monitoring the policies and controls appropriate for customers’ data and applications.
- Protect: Monitor, analyse and act on threat intelligence and user behaviour information to help effectively address vulnerabilities and breaches.
- Report: Offer administrative services to help customers meet their documentation requirements and notification obligations and respond expediently to data requests.
After you have specialized you want to team up. Create your own partner ecosystem. The advantage of having your own partner ecosystem is that together you can scale up and handle bigger projects. For example you can help your customer with a complete solution for one of the four steps mentioned above.
Keenondots can help you by providing you with a multi-vendor cloud automation platform, a partner ecosystem and a cloud acceleration program. As we think that these are the three building blocks for a successful cloud proposition.
Partner Success Manager @Keenondots